UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Curs and Feists (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- Kemmer Hybrid or Parnell's Carolina Curs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=385409)

Posted by fdm on 11-05-2010 07:35 PM:

Kemmer Hybrid or Parnell's Carolina Curs

Don't spend time or money on that Kemmer junk, if you want a Cur & Feist mix go with a PCC.

History of Parnell's Carolina Curs
The Carolina Curs is a new breed of dog to a lot of you but actually the breed has been around for about 12 years now. James Parnell of Hartsville, South Carolina started this breed. James, a breeder from Stephens Stock Mountain Curs and Mountain Feists, set out to develop a dog especially suited to hunt squirrels. He wanted to bring the best attributes of both breeds to the forefront and produce a fast starting, easy handling tree dog, which hunted hard, got along with other dogs and was easy to maintain. He wanted dogs with the overall looks of Stephens Stock Curs, but smaller and with bobtails.

In 1998, the first litter of these dogs was born. The initial breeding involved a Stephens Cur Dam named Kate, and the Sire was a Mountain Feist called Pee Wee. In the next few years, James set out to get characteristics that he wanted in his breed. These dogs have good dispositions, good hunting instincts and lots of drive. Since that first breeding, these dogs are quickly gaining the reputation as excellent squirrel dogs and have become known as Parnell's Carolina Curs (PCC).

Dogs from James Parnell are guaranteed to run and tree by the time they are 1 year old.

In order for your dog to be a guaranteed Parnell Carolina Cur, you MUST get you dog from James Parnell or a breeder he recommends.

Contact Information
James Parnell 929 Coachman St.
Hartsville, SC 29550 Home: 843-332-2975
Cell: 843-858-6713
Tony DuBose 1682 Alderman Rd.
Alcolu, SC 29001 803-473-3818
Richard DuBose 1682 Alderman Rd.
Alcolu, SC 29001 803-435-8021
803-460-4601
Haney Hancock
2557 Mcrae Rd.
Camden, SC 29020
803-669-3500
Terry McKay Contact James Parnell
to get information
Petey Granger Contact James Parnell
to get information

Check out James new site at http://www.treemypcc.com/

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-05-2010 08:44 PM:

There you go again, posting stuff you don't know a thing about. I know James well, he is a good personal friend and is as good of man there is. But there are several breeders out there that has these dogs, you don't have to go to him.

In all honesty the demand far outweighs the supply from him and his health isn't that great anymore. He does have pups but can't near supply the demand for all of them. One thing about buying one from James though, if you don't like it, it is guaranteed. He will give your money back no questions.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Posted by James Jamison on 11-06-2010 12:22 AM:

I completely agree with you FDM, leave the hybrids alone, and get you one of those other dogs. I've hunted with both, and I am sure you would be better off with one of the PCC's.

Posted by fdm on 11-07-2010 11:59 PM:

Not so good report on a Kemmer Hybrid

Group:Members
Member#145
I have a hybrid i got from cajun and it has no hunt and no prey drive Other dogs can be treed hard and it shows %100 no interest.Its sire is Cajun Jack and its dam is Cajun Coal...It a year old know and shows no interest in game ....I was wanting some input is it past time to cull?Lord knows i lost enough money on this critter.

Posted by BulletC on 11-08-2010 12:57 AM:

Find that hard to believe,,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-f0oPyRVA

Posted by baewright on 11-08-2010 01:47 AM:

FDM You consistantly make the most IGNORANT posts I've ever read. You OBVIOUSLY have nothing to do but incite trouble. You may be the most bitter person I've run across in ages. One day you sing the praises of something whether it be a cur of some kind or a feist and the next day its junk. You sir are the ONLY common denominator with all these dogs leading me to believe you are an INADEQUATE at best handler to say the least.
Dean Wright

Posted by fdm on 11-08-2010 02:18 AM:

baewright, You say, " leading me to believe you are an INADEQUATE at best handler to say the least" you know that is about what those Kemmer con men tell folks, that it is the handler, not the dog.

Posted by Cur Hunter on 11-08-2010 04:23 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm
baewright, You say, " leading me to believe you are an INADEQUATE at best handler to say the least" you know that is about what those Kemmer con men tell folks, that it is the handler, not the dog.

Most competent handlers can catch the dogs they have trained. Whose fault is it that you can't catch your own dogs? They weren't bred to be caught? I suppose that will be your reply. LOL!

Posted by James Jamison on 11-08-2010 05:08 PM:

"you know that is about what those Kemmer con men tell folks, that it is the handler, not the dog."

In most cases that is the truth, alot of the dogs get culled, because the "handlers" ruin them.

I'm just curious FDM, when or where have you ever posted any pics of dogs, game, and hunts you've been on? Surely to acquire your great wealth of dog knowledge, you must have spent countless hours training dogs and knocking game out.

Posted by fdm on 11-08-2010 06:00 PM:

JJ, You say, "Surely to acquire your great wealth of dog knowledge, you must have spent countless hours training dogs."
I don't have to spend countless hours training dogs, as my dogs are born with a natural instinct to hunt and tree squirrels, and the drive and desire to hunt and tree, just comes natural. I just take them to the woods, when I can catch them, and that is all they are to it.

Posted by James Jamison on 11-08-2010 07:04 PM:

Ok, glad we got that cleared up,
meanwhile back at the ranch,
what about photos of these wonderdogs doing their thing, can't you get with in camera range?

Posted by Cur Hunter on 11-08-2010 11:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm
JJ, You say, "Surely to acquire your great wealth of dog knowledge, you must have spent countless hours training dogs."
I don't have to spend countless hours training dogs, as my dogs are born with a natural instinct to hunt and tree squirrels, and the drive and desire to hunt and tree, just comes natural. I just take them to the woods, when I can catch them, and that is all they are to it.

All you have to do is a search on a subject. Then cut & paste it on a forum. The nonknowing think that it is your comments and that you actually know something. Those of us that know better. Know ole Frank is just full of it.

How about this for cut & paste?
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...585#post2906585

LOL!

Posted by James Jamison on 11-09-2010 01:26 AM:

Now don't go scaring FDM off, I was just setting him up so he could spring the trap, sorta like he will have to do to get those naturally tracking, treeing wonder dogs of his, to get them to the woods.

And lets not forget his runaway donkey, it's a terrible thing when a fella can't catch his own ass, LOL.

Posted by monkey49 on 11-11-2010 12:51 AM:

ROFL !!!! Anybody know which nsg home mr miller escaped from??? Dementia is an awful thing.....