UKC Forums Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Show all 177 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=377449)

Posted by Jim Hill on 09-28-2010 01:08 AM:

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by A.Kath on 09-28-2010 03:41 PM:

I was home with a sick kid yesterday and saw part of the Good Morning America show on ABC. They had a wolf supporter on there pleading his case for the wolves. He recognized the people against them, mainly western ranchers.

It's hard to compete against them when they get this kind of publicity.

Here is a link that might get you to the story.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?catId=1206852

Posted by barryg35 on 09-28-2010 04:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by A.Kath
I was home with a sick kid yesterday and saw part of the Good Morning America show on ABC. They had a wolf supporter on there pleading his case for the wolves. He recognized the people against them, mainly western ranchers.

It's hard to compete against them when they get this kind of publicity.

Here is a link that might get you to the story.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?catId=1206852

bleeding heart america. thats what they appeal too.

Posted by willseeyalater on 09-28-2010 06:05 PM:

Ok, here's another one to think about. What if letting wolves and mtn. lions increase in numbers and range is another piece of the enviro-nazi plan to make hunting of all kinds more of a risk and try to keep us from enjoying our right to hunt? By letting the predators populations expand they reduce the game animals we would like to hunt, hunters have to think about how will they protect themself or those they hunt with (thinking kids especially) and dogs get torn up as a new normal part of hunting so fewer hunters will want to head up north for all dog related hunting. Folks also may pull back from buying that property up north if they are worried their kids or dogs will be killed.
The reality is that hounds range out further and are more at risk than a bird dog usually will. Is it to much of a conspiracy theory that this has been another part of the anti-hunter plan? Raise the price on ammo is just a different card in their hand.

Posted by SjReino on 10-07-2010 04:55 AM:

Delist Timber Wolve Petition

Just finished up a poster and a petition register ... If you would like one .... pm me your e-mail address ......

PR' Rush River Mad Dog Zeke
PR' Rush River Mad Dog Emmy Blue
-Rush River Blue Cindi Lou
-Rush River Reino's Baby

Gone but never forgotten!
GRCH PR' Gruener's Blue Eleanor-Elcie

Posted by Jim Hill on 10-07-2010 05:07 AM:

Re: Delist Timber Wolve Petition

quote:
Originally posted by SjReino
Just finished up a poster and a petition register ... If you would like one .... pm me your e-mail address ......

steve can u send me petions with news letter printer is down here

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 10-07-2010 05:29 AM:

wolves

WOW!!!!! looks great!!!!!!!! I can't wait to start handing them out and geting everyone to sign them ...I know I have ALOT of people who want to sign them and see some kinda control on wolves!!!!

Posted by l.lyle on 10-07-2010 06:20 AM:

Just my thoughts, but in less than 30 days there will be a brand new crop of lawmakers going to Washington. Their mentality is to make laws and if they don't make a pile of laws , it must be their mindset that they have failed and get called "do nothings". My thoughts are that it would be much better to do nothing in regards to new laws than to do harm. Doctors have to take an oath first to do no harm. Therefore, in my way of thinking, the new batch could stay plenty busy reviewing and fixing the old Acts (laws) of the 1960's and 70's. E&T Species Act to start with. And when they do get them straight, they can run the next time on "look what we fixed". That in itself would give US People a few years repreive before they mess with writing more new laws. JMO.

Posted by on 10-07-2010 03:00 PM:

The Wolf issue is something that could possibly be a focal point in bringing all the outdoor groups in MN together. MN Deerhunters Assoc, MN Trapper's Assoc, MN Trailhounds, Pheasants Forever, MN Coonhunters, & etc all have a common distain for the timberwolf.

I feel a petition is something someone up top suggests just to distract the group clamoring for changes. Get everyone busy gathering signatures and handing out petitions. And then they'll throw that petition and all those signatures right in the trash, and with them the hopes of everyone who worked hard to gather them.

I don't think a petition is a bad idea, it surely can't hurt, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Posted by branchvillekell on 10-07-2010 03:13 PM:

i am going to sign the petiton, but i would have used a pic of a wolf growling with blood on his face to show the ferocity. might have got the point across better.

Posted by Riverview2 on 10-07-2010 04:57 PM:

The U.S. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife Services are considering taking wolves off the list for Minn., Wis., Mich. Attend meetings, make calls. Wolves are @ numbers where hunting them needs to be allowed. They under estimate the wolf population and their ranges. Chain'O Lakes State Park in northeast Illinois (1hr north of Chicago) has one mounted in the office that was killed down the road. I personally have seen 4 in the last few years. We have been seing them in southeast Wis.

Posted by SjReino on 10-07-2010 05:18 PM:

Petition

Jim Hill .... Sent

Please note that the USFWS will be accepting info about delisting the wolves until November 15, 2010. The information submitted to them before this date will be used to make their determination on the listing. They have up to November 15, 2011 to study all info and make the decision.Petitions will need to get back to me by November 10, 2010 so that I can get them submitted by the deadline. ........................

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by rmcmillan on 10-07-2010 07:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by branchvillekell
i am going to sign the petiton, but i would have used a pic of a wolf growling with blood on his face to show the ferocity. might have got the point across better.
VERY GOOD POINT.

YOU SHOULD AD A THREAD WITH POSTER ON BIG GAME SIDE. MORE HUNTERS THERE ALSO.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Posted by SjReino on 10-07-2010 08:47 PM:

petition

well all good points but ...
#1) If ya use a pic that is too ... graphic it might do more harm than good when posted in a public area such as bait shop ... sporting goods ... etc
#2.)MN Deer Hunters assc also has its own poster & petition ... I would like to see if this could be done in a "Coalition" between,
Minnesota State Coon Hunters Inc - Minnesota Deer Hunters Assoc - Minnesota Trappers Assoc - Minnesota Trail Hounds Assc ....
Problem is time. I have to try and get these petitions out, signed and submitted to USFWS by Nov 15 .... I'm doing the best I can .....

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by branchvillekell on 10-07-2010 08:58 PM:

throwing some facts reported on the bottom would help also, not trying to hinder, want your endeavor to be a success. gotta say why, if noone knows about the problem.
kelley

Posted by on 10-07-2010 09:38 PM:

Re: petition

quote:
Originally posted by SjReino
well all good points but ...
#1) If ya use a pic that is too ... graphic it might do more harm than good when posted in a public area such as bait shop ... sporting goods ... etc
#2.)MN Deer Hunters assc also has its own poster & petition ... I would like to see if this could be done in a "Coalition" between,
Minnesota State Coon Hunters Inc - Minnesota Deer Hunters Assoc - Minnesota Trappers Assoc - Minnesota Trail Hounds Assc ....
Problem is time. I have to try and get these petitions out, signed and submitted to USFWS by Nov 15 .... I'm doing the best I can .....

And you are doing a great job!

Posted by SjReino on 10-07-2010 11:09 PM:

Thanks Marc ...

If I had more time ... I agree that I could do more, or have more in-depth info .... people gotta realize I don't do this full time, and it is time consuming .... especially when you have to try and negotiate or arbitrate issue's between differant people or groups .....

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by barryg35 on 10-08-2010 12:45 AM:

are yall still only trying to get the petition signed in mn? is that because its the state that it happened in? i'm sure willing to help but was told they are only circulating petition in mn

Posted by SjReino on 10-08-2010 03:22 AM:

Barry ...

No the petition can be signed by anyone, any where
I can E-mail to you and you can print off the poster and petition register ....

Also to all interested .... there is a "TON" of info on the internet just do search for Delisting wolf or wolves ........

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by biggsnell on 10-08-2010 06:27 AM:

This Is Their Finished Product

Posted by barryg35 on 10-08-2010 12:31 PM:

Email away. Ill get all signarures i can on it. Suthernblues@gmail.com

Posted by SjReino on 10-10-2010 12:57 AM:

Wolf Delisting Petition ....

I now have a new "Updated" version that includes a lot of what everyone was asking for .... with pictures, and statistics ..... 27 page PDF File ........ If ya want one .... send me your e-mail!
using the pdf file you can print as many copies that you want! ....
Once you have as many signatures as you feel that you can get .... mail them to me and I will accumulate them and submit all at one time ....... the sooner the better! Cut off date for USFWS is November 15th, 2010
But even after that date the petition will still be useful to pressure legislators ...........

Please note .... you can print all pages or you can print only the petition signature page if you prefer!

My e-mail is: SjReino@aol.com
Steve Reinhardt
Treasurer Elect (2011)
Minnesota State Coon Hunters Association Inc.

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by SjReino on 10-10-2010 01:02 AM:

Brogy ....

Marc ...... lol ..... I have Lots of "Baskets" .............. lol

Barry ... Sent........ Thank You!

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by deamon on 10-10-2010 05:45 PM:

Steve , I would like some petitions sent via mail ,my printer is down.I think I can hit a lot of people with the pheasant opener next weekend as well as two nite hunts I plan to attend. My address is:
Dean Ross
31272 140th St.
Fulda,Mn. 56131

My ph number is (507) 360-2827

Thanks for your work on this matter.

Posted by SjReino on 10-10-2010 06:57 PM:

Deamon ...

Sent! ..... Thank You!

-Rush River Reino's Baby