UKC Forums Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Show all 79 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- Breezyoaks Rattlers Runnin Rocky (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928436609)

Posted by Tully on 05-31-2017 10:05 PM:

Re: Future pups

quote:
Originally posted by breezyoaks
I crossed ROCKY on the BABE FEMALE that I bought a while back from jason Davis in Iowa.
The cross was made last Monday the 15th.
Should have pups around july 17th or so.
This cross should not only make for some nice looking blue hounds but includes lotsa top dogs in the lines and both sire and dam are nice coon treein dogs...get gone get struck and get treed....

Anybody interested shoud call or text me at my cell 608 778 2181.
I will post both sire and dams papers tomorrow,
Lotsa bullet blood....

Thx..pb

With Babe being out of Squirt, it will be dang tough to get a shot of Blue Oak Bullet up that close, and a double shot of Yellow River Cruise!

Grnitech Grch4 $KC Ch Sky's Bawlin' Blue Rocket
Rocket's Dowd Creed Wack
Emma's Blue Power Amigo
Ch Rocket's T&T Gnarly Blue Smash
00 Dowd Creek Wack
Rocket's Dowd Creek Lil Deuce

641-352-0706

Posted by recon on 06-03-2017 02:24 PM:

Have you hunted the Babe female? How would you describe her?

Posted by jason2579 on 06-04-2017 03:19 AM:

I was the 2nd owner of babe. She was a pup out of my stud dog. Cody owned her first she was natural from the get go. He sent me video of at just under 3 months teeing a coon in daylight that came through his yard. She hunts like typical bullet bred dog does. Gets deep gets treed. She'll tree with or without company. She stays put and won't pull once she's locked in. She had the most layup ability of any hound I've been around and I've hunted for 30 years plus owned several hounds. Babe is probably my #3 most favorite hound even though she was better than number #2 that's her daddy. She has outstanding mouth for female quick on both ends. She has a lot Rattler traits to her. Nice hound.

NT CH Bullets Iowa River Squirt
Five star state hunt championship 2nd place
Five star qualifier 1st place win.
Bbcha sectional high scoring male
World hunt qualified 2009
9th place open bluetick reunion
Davis's Iowa River Striker ( Squirt X J and N's Blue Night Sky)

BnJs Sugar Babe.
Hitting the comp hunts 2015

"Whatever works for you"

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-04-2017 03:23 AM:

Recon

I only hunted her twice before I bred her....both nights got gone right away and struck with a few mins...seemed to move a track fairly well w a bawl that was easy to hear....easy to call locate and stayed at the tree she picked until we got there..that was back in mid to late march, ground was cold and coon dint seem to be moving terrible much but she did wht I hired her to do....
The 1st nite we took her her track ended at a big ole den tree........so no fur but assumed she'd put him up.

Then2nd nite we went we took her with a young dog and again she struck about 200 yds out within 5 mins and moved it nother cupl hundred yds, located, and treed....she had a coon in that tree.

Before I bought her I had communicated with jesse nappin as he had her a cupl weeks also on trial...he told me that she got to work, went her own way on a track with other dogs running and had a coon when he got there.
Jesse led me to believe that she was a good female in his mind and really didnt give me any reason to shy away.....
Jason talked highly of her when he was hunting her regular and from what ive seen she is a fine female....

Thats what I can tell ya......if jesse or jason wants to throw their 2 cents in I have no problem with that.....
I firmly believe theres going to be some very nice young dogs come outta this cross or I wudnt a done it.....I also plan to price them for the common man.....

Thx..pb

Patrick Barrett

Posted by jason2579 on 06-04-2017 03:24 AM:

This cross will be deep in Bullet , Rattler, Smokey River, and several other top notch hounds of their time. I wouldn't pass up on this cross.

BnJs Sugar Babe.

"Whatever works for you"

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-04-2017 03:27 AM:

Jason

quote:
Originally posted by jason2579
I was the 2nd owner of babe. She was a pup out of my stud dog. Cody owned her first she was natural from the get go. He sent me video of at just under 3 months teeing a coon in daylight that came through his yard. She hunts like typical bullet bred dog does. Gets deep gets treed. She'll tree with or without company. She stays put and won't pull once she's locked in. She had the most layup ability of any hound I've been around and I've hunted for 30 years plus owned several hounds. Babe is probably my #3 most favorite hound even though she was better than number #2 that's her daddy. She has outstanding mouth for female quick on both ends. She has a lot Rattler traits to her. Nice hound.

Hey jason, thanks for the input on her....I like her, ......
She prob be living here long as I continue to follow hounds in the timber at night....

Patrick Barrett

Posted by recon on 06-04-2017 04:17 AM:

Thank you both for the replies to my question. She sounds like a nice female and no doubt there will be some nice ones from this cross.

Posted by jason2579 on 06-05-2017 01:54 AM:

Recon. The only reason this female was not finished to grandnite is simple. Bought a house was working extra jobs and hours to pay for it when I got some breathing room me and girlfriend started having issues never could get her out and hunt her. Had her in 3 nite hunts withdrew her one with 250 point lead over the cast cause of mean hound in the casy she was 11 months. Made a bad call on 2nd one against Tully Beegly and his Rocket dog. 3rd one I made 2 bad calls on her and she did her **** best to get me out of it but came up short by 5 points. She's all coonhound when she's been hunted. Her only fault was her owner. I'd take 100 more just like her if I could do it again.

BnJs Sugar Babe.

"Whatever works for you"

Posted by recon on 06-05-2017 05:35 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by jason2579
Recon. The only reason this female was not finished to grandnite is simple. Bought a house was working extra jobs and hours to pay for it when I got some breathing room me and girlfriend started having issues never could get her out and hunt her. Had her in 3 nite hunts withdrew her one with 250 point lead over the cast cause of mean hound in the casy she was 11 months. Made a bad call on 2nd one against Tully Beegly and his Rocket dog. 3rd one I made 2 bad calls on her and she did her **** best to get me out of it but came up short by 5 points. She's all coonhound when she's been hunted. Her only fault was her owner. I'd take 100 more just like her if I could do it again.

Jason, thank you for the info. Between what you and Pat have said, she sounds like the right kind. I've followed Rocky for years due to the fact I used to own his littermate brother. I think these two will produce some nice pups and am looking forward to this cross.

Posted by recon on 06-06-2017 01:53 AM:

Jason, can you tell me anything about Babe's dam, Sky?

Posted by jason2579 on 06-06-2017 04:16 AM:

Most I can tell you is she's out of yellow river cruise and amelings misty bred dog. She got out and hunted good when I went out with her. Young man in Wisconsin bought her and hunted the heck out of her and she did very well for him. She was a blow out type dog that I can remember. Get treed with or without company. Beautiful looking hound. Typical smoking river hunting style dog. Sky was bred to the hill with outstanding reproducers. Yellow river cruise and amelings misty were top notch dogs. Cruise was outstanding but under bred over looked male. He was all coondog. Should of been a lot more bluedog owners specially in Iowa backing up their good females to cruise. I made the cross on sky cause the breeding and hunt ability between the 2 just lined up right. Sky would blow out squirt tended to have a colder nose but could work a cold track pretty quick. His fault he was gonna finish what track he started sky would take the first hot track she came across. It worked out pretty in the pups. They'd hit a middle track moved it quick and would finish it quik.

BnJs Sugar Babe.

"Whatever works for you"

Posted by recon on 06-06-2017 02:17 PM:

Thank you again Jason. You have been a wealth of knowledge on this cross. I appreciate your input.

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-12-2017 08:01 PM:

Pups

Breeding was 4 weeks ago today.
Looks to be bred..things shud start to change here soon...be interesting to see how she bellys up.....

Rockys mother was a littermate.to Dual grand OK Kate.
His papers are.loaded.w exception blood on both the males and females....
BABES papers are the same.....
Will have pups in a month.

Patrick Barrett

Posted by recon on 06-15-2017 11:47 PM:

Re: Pups

quote:
Breeding was 4 weeks ago today.
Looks to be bred..things shud start to change here soon...be interesting to see how she bellys up.....

I hope there's a monkey faced female in there!!!

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-21-2017 07:41 PM:

Re: Re: Pups

quote:
Originally posted by recon
I hope there's a monkey faced female in there!!!

Ya never know,.but prob will be a cupl.
Heres an oldie but goodie on the rattler dog and runnin Gun....thought id share it.

Patrick Barrett

Posted by Vic Stoll on 06-22-2017 03:43 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Pups

quote:
Ya never know,.but prob will be a cupl.
Heres an oldie but goodie on the rattler dog and runnin Gun....thought id share it.

https://goo.gl/photos/e3SdsJtejY37oVDf7

Lordy that brings back some memories! Hounds look good, but those two outlaws posing with them are another story!

Seen old Gun tree a pile of coon, that old rascal could flat out scoot on a running coon. Got a couple potlickers out back that show Gun multiple times in their pedigree. Best wishes to you with your upcoming litter!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-23-2017 01:42 AM:

Thanks Vic.....this will likely be the last cross I make with the rocky dog at 10 years old but who knows....I just hada make this cross as I truly believe theres gonna be some pizz cutters in the bunch.
Heres a pict of the babe female from last saturday, shes starting to get bigger every day it seems now and she aint due til july 17th.....

Patrick Barrett

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-23-2017 06:25 PM:

Re: Re: Future pups

quote:
Originally posted by Tully
With Babe being out of Squirt, it will be dang tough to get a shot of Blue Oak Bullet up that close, and a double shot of Yellow River Cruise!

Tully....you said a mouthful here....
Whos knows but i for one like the idea of both of thez 2 hounds up close on dogs comin from my address....more to put the odds in the litters favor thats for sure.

Patrick Barrett

Posted by breezyoaks on 06-29-2017 03:22 AM:

Pups due july 17th

Im thinking depending on how many pups she has i am gonna price them at $200.00 either sex.
That shud make them affordable for anybody that is serious about putting them in the timber....

So far I have 4 people that have communicated they want one and i plan on one to stay here, So I should have some more to offer for sale...

608 778 2181 if you are interested ....

Thx..pb

Patrick Barrett

Posted by breezyoaks on 07-12-2017 10:27 PM:

Re: Litter

[QUOTE]Originally posted by breezyoaks
[B]Shud have pups on the 17th, ....will start a thread on the puppys page soon as i know how many and what we have.....
So far 4 to 5 are said to be spoken for.
Asking price is 200.

Thx

Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/sharep...php?id=OTEzODk=

Patrick Barrett

Posted by breezyoaks on 10-29-2017 03:43 PM:

Breezyoaks Rattlers Runnin Rocky

https://youtu.be/xwnkMutcPFk

Chop chop chop.....
Old.dog still tuff to beat !!!
10.5 yrs old

Patrick Barrett

Posted by Jared wright on 10-31-2017 12:03 AM:

Pups

Did your female ever end up having pups lol was looking forward to seeing them and never did

Posted by breezyoaks on 10-31-2017 03:11 AM:

Pups

Yes, she had pups, but she had only 4 and one never made it.
I kept 2 of em and my buddy has the other one.
We made a drag saturday and hunf a hide in a tree.
Then let them out of their pens about 5 mins later...they found the track, drifted it to the tree, and treed on it. I was tickled....3 months old...
I will see if I cant put pict on....
If anybody is interested , Id make the same cross again in the next cupl months, as I have had 3 guys tell me they wud already take one.
The Rock dog aint gettin any younger....

Patrick Barrett

Posted by breezyoaks on 10-31-2017 03:26 AM:

Pups 3 months old..treein on hide.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7...ew?usp=drivesdk

1st time they smelled a.coon hide....
Both got on it pretty good....
A fella.can talk.all.the storys he wants but its rare 3 month old pups will do this....
Fun stuff.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7...ew?usp=drivesdk

Patrick Barrett

Posted by Jared wright on 10-31-2017 04:30 PM:

Pups

Good looking pups. I think my favorite part of coon hunting is training pups I don’t know why I just like it. I would tell you I would take one if you made the cross again but my wife would have my head lol for now I’ll just enjoy looking at pictures and reading stories. Have a good one and thanks for posting a picture